08 June 2012

Baby steps

Today, I finally got to do something other than the usual library maintenance or research for The Front Row-- I got to design my own sample show! There's an intern- run program on Sunday evenings called Music in the Making which showcases music from the Moores and Shepherd schools of music at UH and Rice, respectively. I did my very own programming and script for an episode! It was actually kind of fun, but I'm honestly afraid to run the show myself. Speaking on the air doesn't worry me, but running the board is very complicated and I feel like I'll make at least a few mistakes every now and again, especially when I first start at it. Hopefully nothing major goes amiss, though! Soon, I'll be a real radio DJ and announcer. I have the coolest job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment